Hampton Beach State Park
160 Ocean Blvd
Hampton, NH 03842
603-227-8700 (Parking Information)
603-227-8717 (Events/Group Use)
Hampton Beach State Park provides year-round recreation, with Atlantic ocean-front facilities situated along miles of sandy beach. Activities in the park include swimming, fishing, picnicking, and RV camping with full hook-ups in the campground.
Please Note: Dates and times are weather dependent and subject to change without notice. For up to date hours, please call the park directly. This park is always open for recreation unless otherwise posted. During off hours and the off-season the park is typically not staffed, comfort stations are not available and gates may be closed.
| Metered Parking
| Haverhill St. Bathhouse
| Marine Memorial Bathhouse
| North Beach Bathhouse
| Seashell Bathhouse
| South Pavillion Bathhouse
Bathhouse (F St.)
|Hampton (South Beach)
Lifeguard Schedule: Lifeguards are on duty full time from June 11 through September 5. Lifeguard hours are 9 am to 5:30 pm daily.
- Limited coverage; not all posts will be covered
- Lifeguards on duty the weekend of Memorial Day
- Lifeguards are on weekends only June 4th-June 18th
- No lifeguards on duty Tue – Fri, September 6th-8th
- Lifeguards on duty on Sat/Sun, September 10th-11th
The off-season poses unique risks inherent when participating in outdoor recreational activities. Please be aware that many State Park areas and trails are not staffed during the off-season, and day-use fees are not collected. Recreationists should possess the necessary knowledge, skill, and equipment to ensure their own safety. Users assume all risk while recreating in State Park lands.
Admission is $15 per passenger vehicle for the parking area at South Beach. NH residents age 65 and over are admitted free. Season passes are available.
Weddings and Events at Hampton Beach State Park
Hampton Beach State Park offers a variety of affordable, unique oceanfront locations that will make any wedding, family reunion, corporate retreat or special occasion an unforgettable one!
- Seashell Oceanfront Pavilion - All-in-one setting for your special occasion! Exchange vows in the sand with the sound of waves breaking in the background and have a prelude cocktail reception on the wrap-around Oceanfront Terrace. Offers all the amenities of a first-class wedding facility.
- South Pavilion Oceanside - This exclusive oceanfront banquet room is perfect for intimate parties looking for a premier oceanfront location at an affordable price. The South Pavilion Oceanside is a popular private retreat for rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, anniversary parties, birthday parties and reunions.
- South Beach Pavilion - Located at the southeastern most tip of New Hampshire and renown for its beautiful sand dunes, sea grass and miles of sandy beach. With views of Hampton Harbor and a picturesque rock jetty, this pavilion is a famous retreat for family gatherings and business outings.
Seacoast Weddings, Meetings and Events Guide (4.26MB)
Seacoast Weddings and Events Brochure
RVing at Hampton Beach State Park
The only RV park directly on the New Hampshire coast at the mouth of the Hampton River. The park is located south of the main part of Hampton Beach on Route 1A at the Seabrook-Hampton town line. Route 1A can be easily reached from I-95 by either Route 101 or 286. The campground, with 28 sites, is open for reservations from Memorial Day weekend through Columbus Day weekend. It is open for walk-in camping beginning on April 29th. Camping Policies
Hampton Beach State RV Park Map / Hampton Beach State RV Park Information/Policies
RV Park Schedule:
||Camping Rate Per Night
$50 (water/electric/sewer hookups)
A park store is located in the day-use area. Restaurants, entertainment, and other services are offered along Rt. 1A, just a short walk north. The park is close to many area attractions, including whale watching, saltwater fishing charter boats, sandy beaches, and swimming.
Are pets allowed at Hampton Beach State Park?
Pets are not permitted in the park. See the NH State Parks Pets Policy for more information.
Keep Your Parks Clean
Through the Carry-In/Carry-Out Program, you can help us keep your parks clean and beautiful by carrying out whatever you carry in. Thank you for your cooperation and remember to recycle. Help keep the beaches clean and dispose of cigarette butts in the appropriate receptacles. Cigarette Butt Campaign.
For listings of current advisories, please visit the State of New Hampshire, Department of Environmental Services Beach Advisories website page.
Access for Persons with Disabilities
Please contact the park office directly for information regarding disability access needs (603-227-8722).
New Hampshire State Park Experience Blog
2/7/13 "Not Your Casual Day at The Beach"
2/8/12 "New Oceanfront Pavilion at Hampton Beach State Park"
6/23/11 "Hampton Beach: Sailboats & Sandcastles"
Additional Seacoast Beaches
Jenness State Beach
North Hampton State Beach
Wallis Sands State Park
Hampton Beach gets five stars for water quality in the Natural Resources Defense Council's new report, "Testing the Waters: A Guide to Water Quality at Vacation Beaches." For the full report, visit the NRDC website.
Lifeguard chief, Jim Donahue celebrated 50 years of service in 2009!