Monadnock State Park
|116 Poole Road, Jaffrey, NH 03452
Gilson Pond Campground
585 Dublin Rd, Jaffrey, NH 03452
Monadnock State Park is located in and around the 3,165-ft. Mount Monadnock. The park is surrounded by thousands of acres of protected highlands. In 1987, Mount Monadnock was designated a National Natural Landmark. The park offers year-round recreational opportunities.
Monadnock State Park is open year-round unless closed or restricted by posting. While the staff is present around the park daily, limited visitor services and amenities are provided through the winter season and day-use fees are required only on weekends and holidays.
Water and firewood may not always be available from park staff. Campers can call Monadnock HQ at 603-532-8862 for details. The Park Store is also only open on weekends and holidays through the winter. Visitors can make arrangements for visiting the Park Store mid-week, during the winter, by calling and setting up a time with the Park Staff.
Camping at Monadnock State Park
Gilson Pond Campground has closed for the season and camping is now only available at Monadnock HQ through Fall and Winter months at 116 Poole Road in Jaffrey, NH.
- The HQ campground roadway is not plowed or maintained for winter travel and is closed to vehicle traffic when snow is present and during the Spring until the subsurface is dry. When the road into the campground is blocked off, campers may temporarily park at the start of the campground road while setting camp and hiking supplies to campsites. Please move your vehicle to the parking area (near the park store) after setting up camp.
- Water is not available when park staff is not present, so be sure to bring an ample supply for your stay.
- Firewood can be acquired from fallen branches and downed trees using nothing larger than a handsaw to cut it to size. Firewood can also be purchased from park staff when they are present. Please do not cut any standing trees or branches, even if the tree is dead. Out of state firewood is strictly prohibited.
- Youth Groups must make a reservation directly with the park at 603-532-8862. Lettered campsites (A-G) are for youth group use only, unless permission is granted by the park staff in advance. If you occupy a reserved youth group campsite not reserved as your own, you will be required to move to a different campsite.
- All family campsites (numbered 1-7) are first come, first serve only. If staff is not present to greet you upon your arrival, set up on an unoccupied numbered campsite and register the following morning. Registration can be completed at the park store on weekends and holidays or by using the iron ranger station in front of the park store during mid-week.
- Camping is only allowed at designated campsites at Monadnock HQ. Camping on the mountain is against state law.
- Canoe and kayak rentals are available.
Gilson Pond Campground will reopen open in May 2014.