Bear Hill Camp Bear Hill Pond Camp and the surrounding Bear Brook State Park were developed, under the direction of the National Park Service, by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) from 1935-1942. The camp at Bear Hill Pond opened in 1937 for a series of week-long sessions held by organizations including 4-H, Girl Scouts and the YMCA. Within a few years, Bear Hill became predominantly a 4-H camp. At its peak, the camp housed 80 overnight and 40 day campers in one-week sessions throughout the summer. After 70 years of hosting thousands of children for overnight and day camp, the camp was closed in 2008. In 2018 the Division renovated the cabins and washhouse and reopened the Oaks Unit of the camp for public camping. Two sizes of furnished cabins (maximum occupancy of 4 or 6 persons) are available for rent. Visitors to Bear Hill have easy access to the Hall Mountain trail network, a swimming beach, and non-motorized boating and fishing on Bear Hill Pond.