Res 8400 & Res 8500
The Department of Resources and Economic Development (DRED) is proposing to amend its administrative rules pertaining to the Bureau of Trails Grant-In-Aid Program (Res 8400) and the Trail Use Rules (Res 8500). The Bureau’s initial proposals are linked below.
The Grant-In-Aid program rule provides information and procedures relative to obtaining grants from an “OHRV” grant-in-aid program established under RSA 215-A:23, VI. The proposed rule amendments accomplish the following:
- Enable an “up to” percentage award for certain types of projects so as to allow for the variable availability of grant funds allocated to this program each year;
- Outline the criteria under which OHRV and snowmobile clubs take increased ownership equity of grant-funded grooming equipment for the purposes of enabling the club to sell or trade the equipment as part of a new grant-in-aid project to replace said equipment;
- Establish the criteria under which reimbursement of liability insurance expenses will be approved; and
- Enable clubs to request capital advances.
The proposed rule amendments to the trail use rules will bring them in line with recent statutory and Department administrative rules changes: specifically, amendments are proposed to the definition of “UTV,” public notification of trail closures by authorized Department personnel, the speed limit of OHRV’s on Bureau trails, and the use of certain OHRV’s in certain counties, and the repeal of certain OHRV restrictions at Jericho Mountain State Park is also proposed. The proposed rule amendments also add the Upper Coos and Presidential recreational trails to the list of trails where the speed limit for ATV, UTV, or trail bikes is 25 mph.
Initial Proposal, dated September 23, 2014
- PUBLIC HEARING on Thurs, November 20, 2014 at 10 a.m. at
DRED, 172 Pembroke Rd, Concord
- WRITTEN COMMENT due on Wed, December 4, 2014 at 4 p.m.
DRED, Bureau of Trails
PO Box 1856
Concord, NH 03302
Email to: Leanne.Lavoie@dred.nh.gov
Current BOT Administrative Rules
Res 7300, Res 7400 & Res 7800
Adopted Rules, Effective March 1, 2014
Previous Administrative Rules, dated January 1, 2006
Other Background Documents