Press Release Details
Connecticut Lakes Headwaters Working Forest Celebrates Ten Years
10th Anniversary News Article
10th Anniversary Agenda Program
(Concord, NH) The NH Division of Parks and Recreation and its partners are holding a celebration to recognize the commitment that the state made in conserving this 146,400 acre tract of land in the Great North Woods Region.
On Saturday, October 5 at 11:30 a.m. at Lake Francis State Park
(poor weather location: Farnham Memorial Chapel, Pittsburg) the day will start with an official ceremony commemorating the anniversary that includes comments from former Steering Committee members, Technical Committee Members and others who made the project possible.
The event is being sponsored The Forestland Group, LLC, Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests, The Nature Conservancy and the Trust for Public Lands. RSVPs are required and appreciated for those planning on attending so that adequate arrangements can be made for the event and tours. Please contact Eric Feldbaum, 603-271-3556 or firstname.lastname@example.org
if you plan on attending.
Several activities are planned for the day and guests can choose from one of six different options. Please let us know when you RSVP which option you would like to participate in:
- Option 1: Timber Harvest Forestry Tour, Matt Sampson & John Steward, Forestland Group
- Option 2: History program on Lake Francis and local community, Caleb Savage, SCA Discover the Power of Parks intern
- Option 3: Kayak tour, Steve Gang, SCA Discover the Power of Parks intern (8 kayaks, paddles, PFD’s will be supplied or BYO)
- Option 4: History and Light Hike of the Cohos Trail, Lainie Castine, Cohos Trail Association
- Option 5: Self-guided hike up Magalloway Mountain
- Option 6: Conservation Officer Gary Waterhouse Memorial Rededication at Boundary Pond
The Division is also putting together a scrapbook, people are invited to share memories and favorite moments/activities about the Connecticut Lakes Headwaters Working Forest
and what it means to you (Ex. hunting, forestry, hiking, snowmobiling and ATV’ing) Please send photos to Grant Klene at email@example.com