Pet Friendly State Parks
The New Hampshire Division of Parks and Recreation recognizes that your pet is an important part of your recreation experience. To serve the needs of all park visitors, there are some parks that allow pets, some parks that allow pets but only in designated areas, and some parks that do not allow pets.
Pets are permitted at the following state parks:
* If a park is not listed, it does not permit pets. Please note that some of the parks have exceptions.
* Per Res 7301.08(b): Service animals, including animals used for detection and search and rescue training and operations, shall be exempt from all prohibitions in this section unless stated otherwise.
To ensure a pleasurable and safe visit for both pets and park visitors, please take the time to familiarize yourself with the following rules:
- Pets are prohibited at all state beaches, picnic areas, and historic sites.
- In areas where pets are allowed, pets must be leashed and attended at all times; owners are responsible for their pets' actions.
- If a pet becomes objectionable to any park visitor, the owner will be asked to remove the pet from the park.
- Pets are not to be left unattended in any vehicle, camper, carrier or enclosure at any time.
- For all Division rules regarding pets, click here.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping to make a visit to New Hampshire State Parks enjoyable for all!